The zoo in Kaliningrad is one of the largest zoos in Russia. The zoo was founded in 1896 under the name Königsberger Tiergarten in the German city of Koenigsberg, which in 1945 became part of Russia and was renamed Kaliningrad. The founder of the zoo is German entrepreneur Herman Klaass. Klaass was director of the zoo from its opening until 1913.
During the First World War, the zoo was closed, part of the animals were released (mainly birds and small animals), and some were euthanized. After the war, on July 1, 1918, the zoo reopened.
In the 30s (mainly 1933 to 1936), the zoo underwent large-scale reconstruction.
During the Second World War, fierce fighting took place in the zoo, as a result, almost all animals died. Only four survived: fallow deer, badger, donkey and hippo.
Currently, the zoo's area is 16.5 hectares, about 350 species of various animals live there (about 3,500 individuals).
- Zoo open from 09:00 to 17:00
- Pavilions (every Thursday the Tropical House closes at 16:00) 09:00 to 16:45
- House of Contact Animals Mon / Wed / Fri 14:30 - 15:30 Tue / Thu / Sat / Sun 12:00 - 13:00
Ticket offices close one hour before the zoo closes.
The zoo is open from 09:00 to 20:00 in the summer.
- Adult 300 rubles
- Children from 3 to 18 years old, student, women from 55 years old, men from 60 100 rubles
- Disabled persons, veterans, children under 3 years old and other privileged groups - free of charge
All preferential tickets - only upon presentation of the relevant document.
There are other types of tickets (season tickets, group tickets, etc.). A full list of ticket types and prices is available on the official website.
Official website: https://kldzoo.ru/
Animal Feeding Time
How to get to the zoo
Exact address: Prospekt Mira 26, Kaliningrad (Проспект Мира 26, Калининград)
Stop "Zoopark" (Зоопарк):
- buses: 3, 5, 8, 9, 12, 14, 18, 24, 28, 31, 32, 36, 48, 105, 106, 107
- minibuses: 61, 63, 72, 74, 82, 92
- trolleybus number 2